Visiting places like Southern California can be overwhelming with the vast amount of great food, attractions, and activities that await you. If you have your eyes set on Orange County for vacations, you’ll want to grab this Newport Beach Bucket list so that you can get the most out of your trip! The scenery is gorgeous year-round and the active locals always have an event planned, no matter when you’re visiting!
Not every traveler is the same, and Burr White Realty knows the importance of having great options! Get access to our free Vacation Guide so that you can travel with the knowledge of a local. Dine where the locals dine, party where the locals party, and travel knowing that you’re going to see the best of Newport Beach!
4 Seasonal Newport Beach Bucket Lists
As summer weather makes a comeback, getting outside is on everyone’s mind. Here are the must-do activities for visiting Newport Beach in the spring.
- Orange County Marathon: The race takes place at the end of April and the beginning of May.
- Balboa Island Art Walk: 100 artists from a variety of disciplines exhibit their work at this walk with live music. It takes place in mid-May.
- Newport Boat Show: Join the rest of the marine-loving crowd at this event to admire (and potentially buy) the vast number of sea vessels docked in Newport Beach!
- Newport Beach Film Festival: This event brings together well over 50,000 cinephiles to Newport Beach for 100 feature films, 30 short film programs, and some great food!
Summer is the season of the beach! Between all the events and festivals, Newport Beach in the summer is a never-ending party.
- Newport Beach Jazz Festival: Take three days to enjoy great food and fantastic jazz from a long list of accomplished artists at a festival that has been held annually for 25 years!
- Lobsterfest: Enjoy some fresh seafood at Newport Beach Lobsterfest! General admission gets your plate full of lobster, shrimp, clams, and sides to enjoy the good weather and the company of friends or family.
- Balboa Island Parade: Watch the annual parade go by and join the locals in celebrating at the after-party!
- Corona Del Mar State Beach: This is the perfect spot to sit back and soak up the sun. Or, if you are more into adventure, go scuba diving!
Though it’s well known for its beach, no Newport Beach bucket list would be complete without sharing all the other amazing things Newport can offer in the fall!
- Golfing: Newport Beach has some of the best golf courses in the area! Grab your clubs and enjoy the crisp weather on the green.
- Newport Beach Art in the Park: Browse local artists’ work for sale at the Newport Beach Civic Center. Proceeds from this event go towards funding school trips and the arts and cultural programming in Newport Beach!
- Octoberfest: It doesn’t get much better than pretzels, beer, and polka music! If you’ve never been to an Octoberfest celebration before, then Orange County is the place to be in the fall.
- Pacific Wine & Food Classic: Explore new (and delicious) dishes prepared by some of southern California’s best chefs while sipping some wine at this day-long event.
The holiday season is a time of celebration, and Orange County is no exception! Join the locals in celebrating the holidays and enjoying fun events and cuisine!
- Whale Watching: Viewing whales in their natural habitat is a rare opportunity for a lot of people. Visit Newport Beach during their most active season to get check this item off your bucket list!
- Christmas Boat Parade: Watch festively decorated ships pass in the harbor to kick off the holiday season! They’ve got everything from kayaks to yachts!
- Newport Beach Restaurant Week: Enjoy fine dining from a long list of restaurants that have carefully crafted menus only available during Restaurant Week!
- Visit Fashion Island’s Christmas Tree: Get in the holiday spirit by visiting Fashion Island’s impressive, 90-foot Christmas tree! Come at night to get the most out of the twinkling lights!
Evergreen Newport Beach Bucket List
- Balboa Fun Zone: No matter the time of year, Newport Beach is always beautiful! Ride on the Fun Zone Ferris Wheel to get a special view over the city!
- Back Bay Science Center: Nature doesn’t take a break for a season and neither does the Science Center. Visit the center to learn about the local wildlife and habitats or join the facility in one of their annual events!
- Crystal Cove State Park: Crystal Cove is a nearby state park that is best known for its beautiful, dramatic coastal cliffs and unique tide pools. If you visit in the winter when the water is chilly head onto their beautiful hiking and mountain biking paths! This should be at the top of any outdoor enthusiast’s list!
Book your Rental Home with Burr White Realty
A core part of any vacation is having a place to call your home away from home. When you visit and start checking off your Newport Beach bucket list, make yourself home at one of the properties from our long list of beautiful Newport Beach vacation rentals that are ready for any group size or budget! More than half a decade of experience is on our side to help provide you and your friends and family with an amazing and memorable beach getaway!