Are you planning a trip to Newport Beach but don’t want to leave your dog at home? It’s challenging to leave your pup at a boarding facility when you know they would love to explore the coast of Southern California. After all, there are countless pet-friendly things to do in Newport Beach! Whether your pup prefers to make new friends at the dog park or sunbathe in the sand, there’s an activity in Newport Beach to suit your dog’s personality!
When you’re ready to start planning your trip, request your free Newport Beach Vacation Guide. This planning tool contains more local insight into the best things to do in the area with your pup!
Top 5 Pet-Friendly Things to Do in Newport Beach
1. Dog-Friendly Beaches
No trip to the SoCal coast would be complete without a visit to the beach! Luckily, there are a few dog-friendly beaches in Newport Beach. Here are a couple of spots where your pup can dig up some fun:
- Newport Municipal Beach: Located at Oceanfront and 21st Street, this five-mile stretch of shoreline on the Balboa Peninsula is a great place to take a morning or evening stroll with your pup. Please note that leashed dogs are only allowed on the beach before 10:00 a.m. and after 4:30 p.m.
- Huntington Dog Beach: Just a 10-minute drive from the heart of Newport Beach, Huntington Dog Beach is any pup’s dream! This dog-friendly beach boasts 1.5 miles of beautiful shoreline. Here, dogs with solid recall are free to roam off-leash every day of the week from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- While you’re in the area, check out more things to do in Huntington Beach!
Be sure to review the City of Newport Beach’s beach information before visiting with your pup!
2. Newport Beach Dog Park
Does your dog love to make new four-legged friends? Then they’ll love the Newport Beach Dog Park! This off-leash dog park is near Fashion Island between Avocado Avenue and MacArthur Boulevard. Here, your pup can enjoy off-leash fun with the company of other dogs!
3. Dog-Friendly Hiking Trails
If your dog prefers dry land to water, then they’ll love the dog-friendly hiking trails at Upper Newport Beach Bay Nature Preserve. As one of the top spots for outdoor recreation in Newport Beach, leased dogs are welcome to accompany their humans on the park’s multi-use trails.
We believe the Upper Bay Trail is the highlight of any visit to this nature preserve. Situated on a bluff overlooking the bay, the 2.4-mile Upper Bay Trail is a fantastic way to soak up the beauty of this area!
4. Dog-Friendly Restaurants
You’re sure to work up an appetite after a day of exploring the coast! Before heading back to your rental, grab a bite to eat at these dog-friendly restaurants in Newport Beach. Dining outdoors is just another way to enjoy the area’s beautiful weather!
5. Sniff Out the Best Pet-Friendly Rentals in Newport Beach
Now that you know the best pet-friendly things to do in Newport Beach, California, it’s time to find a place to stay. Burr White Realty offers a limited selection of pet-friendly rentals in Newport Beach. Our pet-friendly properties can accommodate four to eight guests, so they’re the perfect choice for family vacations. With fenced-in patios and yards, our rentals are a great place to rest your paws after a long day of exploring! View our rental policies for more information about adding a pet to your reservation.